Following Environmental Management Standards
To facilitate improved environmental performance, ÐÇ¿Õ´«Ã½ follows the International Organization of Standardizationâ€™s (ISO) 14001 standard for Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
Our EMS establishes procedures, assigns responsibility, and includes monitoring to verify a myriad of compliance obligations are being properly executed. It helps us anticipate and address potential impacts before they occur, which satisfies our permission to operate and preserves the environment for future generations.
Third-party certification to the ISO 14001 standard is voluntary, and ÐÇ¿Õ´«Ã½â€™ facilities maintain their certifications through a rigorous third-party auditing process.
ISO 14001 certification allows us to:
- Demonstrate compliance with current and future regulatory requirements
- Ensure leadership and employee engagement
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers and integrate environmental expectations of our customers into our business systems
Many of our facilities have obtained International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001 certification. The facilities we acquired during 2020 are at different stages in their journeys toward sustainability, and we are working to ensure that our newly added facilities have consistent EMS plans in place and ultimately meet the ISO 14001 standard. 100% of our steelmaking facilities are certified to ISO 14001.
The following sites are certified to ISO 14001:2015:
- Tubular Components â€“ and